It’s reflection time again!
First of all, I’m so thankful and satisfied because I survived another A-Z Blogging Challenge! Who would have thought that even with a theme (a person theme at that), I still managed to pull off the complicated letters? Haha!
Anyway, here are my thoughts. I realized that…
- I could blog every day if I
- Having a theme is so much fun than writing random posts— makes me more creative and gets my engine running better.
- Scheduling posts still works wonders. Hahaha.
- Throughout the challenge, I was constantly reminded of how big my love and admiration for Joan Crawford is, and how much I wanna share more information about her to the world.
- I wanna do this again next year (and the next year, and the next year, and the next year…!)
To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to push through with the Joan theme because I know some people don’t know her (or only recognize her in Mommie Dearest). But I decided to go for it because, well aside from the fact that I enjoy any Joan-related activity, I wanna “educate” people about Joan— who she really was, things people don’t know yet (or refuse to believe because of MD)… everything about her. And even though only a handful of participants actually read every entry I posted till the end (especially Barbara – thank you soooooo much dear!), I’m glad to share knowledge about the real Joanie.
(Me and my theme— and a letter from her 30+ years ago!)
Thank you so much to all who visited my blog and read my posts! I really appreciate it. I always look forward to your responses. And of course, to all the people behind this challenge— you guys rock! I admire your creativity and efforts to make this activity possible every year. 🙂
For easy navigation, here’s a list of my 2015 A-Z Blogging Challenge entries:
- A is for Amazing Beauty: Almost Perfect
- B is for Brows: Joan’s Eyebrow Evolution
- C is for Costumes Galore: Joan’s Memorable Film Costumes
- D is for the Divine Feud: Bette and Joan’s Famous Rivalry
- E is for Ex-Husbands: Joan’s Marriages
- F is for Friends: Joan and Her Fans
- G is for Gable: The King to Joan’s Queen
- H is for Hair Schmair: Joan’s Many Hairstyles
- I is for Impeccable Style: Fashionista Joan
- J is for Jazz Baby: Flapper Joan
- K is for Keane: Joan and the Famous Painter
- L is for Laughing Joan: When the Queen is Happy
- M is for Memorable Roles: Joan’s Unforgettable Characters
- N is for Name Game: From Lucille to Joan
- O is for Oscar: Joan and her Academy Award
- P is for Poetry: Joan and Words
- Q is for Quotable Quotes: In Joan’s Words
- R is for Reel Love: Joan’s Leading Men
- S is for Silents: Joan Before the Talkies
- T is for The Painter: Joan’s Painting
- U is for Underneath the Makeup: Joan’s Freckles
- V is for Voice: When Joan Sings
- W is for When She Dances: Joan Got Groove
- X is for X Factor: What Joan Had
- Y is for Youth: Joan’s Early Days
- Z is for Zeal: The Joan Crawford Drive
Again, thank you all so much! Other participants, we made it! Woohoo! :))
Till the next year’s challenge!
Happy blogging (and fangirling!)
I think hinging the challenge all on one person must be very difficult. I haven’t read all your posts yet, but I can hear from your voice that it will be thrilling. It’s quite obvious you admire this woman and I think something good always come from admiration. It’s a positive feeling, something that will push us toward something good.
I’m grad I found your blog, though late 🙂
Haha yeah, you bet! Especially when I was in the letters W, X, Y and Z already. But I know there’s more to Joan than meets the eye, and there’s so much more that I can share, so I struggled to fill in the letters. Haha. Thank you so much, you’re right— I LOVE her so much. And I’m glad that through this challenge, I was able to share some of the real Joan with all of you. 🙂 Hope you enjoy them honey! Thank you so much! ❤
Your theme was great. It doesn’t matter if no one else gets your topic. The idea is it’s something that resonates with you. That’s how you get through the month. If you don’t love it, no one will. And there were several things I did not know about Joan Crawford before. I’m an old movie buff, but not much of a Crawford fan.
I agree! Haha. Thank you so much, Liz! I’m very glad to introduce Joan in 26 letters to all of you! ❤
Congrats! I, on the other hand, have a long way to go. You know why.
Yup! And it’s okay po. Hehe. Take your time and enjoy the ride 😉 Good luck!